The Almuñécar Beaches
Almuñécar has been blessed with 10 beautiful beaches, some sandy, some with pebbles, but all of them breathtakingly gorgeous...
Most of Almuñécar's beaches are designated as "Family Beaches", meaning they are perfect for the whole family and a good choice for bringing the kids along.
There is also one beach, Playa Cabria, that is well-known as a popular water sports beach and two beaches, Playa Muerto and Playa Cantarriján, that are designated as playas naturalistas or nude beaches.
You will find all the information you need about the Almuñécar beaches below... Remember to pack your sunscreen!!
|Calabajio - Cotobro - Pozuelo - |
Puerta del Mar - San Cristobal
|Puerta del Mar - Tesorillo||Family / Youth / Music|
|Cabria - Curumbico||Water Sports / Youth|
|Playa Cantarriján - Playa Muerto||Nudist Beach|
The 11 Gorgeous Almuñécar Beaches - An Overview
1. Playa CabriaPlaya Cabria is accessed by driving down a dry riverbed. It's one of the more secluded Almuñécar beaches and it has a village-like feel to it. There are several restaurants right on the beach, some even play music during the summer months. This beach attracts the youth and bohemian types.
Many water sports activities can be done from this Playa Cabria. This is also where you gain access to the second nudist beach in town, Playa Curumbico.
2. Playa CalabajioA beautiful little beach that sits just below a 4-star hotel, Playacalida Resort (pictured below). This Almuñécar beach is surrounded by an impressive Mediterranean garden that is very popular with walkers and bikers. A great restaurant can be found just at the top of the hill.
Best Hotel Near Playa Cabria & Calabajio
3. Playa CotobroPlaya Cotobro is a very popular family beach. It is the closest beach to the Cotobro urbanization that lies just behind it... so it is perfect for anyone renting villas in that area. There are several restaurants and a hotel just across the street.
4. Playa MuertoOne of the area's designated "playa naturalista" or nudist beaches. The beach is secluded and only can be accessed by a rock pathway that wraps around the rocks.
It has beautiful views of the Marina del Este and is probably the most gay-friendly of the Almuñécar beaches. There are no services available, but the local bus does stop at the end of the road.
Best Hotel Near Playa Cotobro & Muerto
5. Playa CurumbicoPlaya Curumbico is an isolated cove accessed from the neighboring Playa Cabria via a stone walkway that wraps around the point. The beach boasts impressive views, but no services are available.
|Sand Type:||Black, Fine Sand|
Check out: Hotels near Playa Curumbico...
6. Playa PozueloFamily beach close to a 4-star hotel with a spa. One restaurant right on the beach and several more just across the road.
7. Playa TesorilloPlaya Tesorillo is another family designated beach but is also very popular with the youth. There are two great restaurants right on the beach and one plays music during the summer months. The beach is small and more secluded than the rest. There is also a nice 4-star hotel right across the street.
Best Hotel Near Playa Pozuelo & Playa Tesorillo
8. Playa Puerta del MarJust on the other side of the San Cristobal Peñon is Playa Puerta del Mar. This beach is also right in the middle of Almuñécar and has easy access to many good restaurants.
There is also a row of tiki bars that run along the beach that play music during the summer months. This beach is one of the most festive of the Almuñécar beaches in town, it is packed with party-goers at night, and very popular with the youth.
9. Playa San CristobalPlaya San Cristobal is the most popular beach in Almuñécar. It is located right in the center of town and is packed with restaurants and hotels, parking, stores and has all the amenities.
Best Hotel Near Playa Puerta del Mar & Playa San Cristobal
10. Playa VelillaPlaya Velilla is the longest of the Almuñécar beaches. It's a family-friendly beach that has all the amenities. It is surrounded by good restaurants and is a very popular area for summer apartment rentals. The Aqua Tropic Water Park is also located at the end of this beach.
|Sand Type:||Dark, Coarse Sand|
Check out: AquaTropic Water Park...
11. Playa Enmedio
This beach is a bit off the beaten track and not easy to find but is great if you want to get away from the summer crowds. There are not too many services available but there is one small restaurant on the beach that serves sandwiches and drinks. The bus lines don't run out this far so you will have to have your own transportation.
- Almuñécar Guide:
- Ancient Watchtowers
- Parks and Gardens
- Fiestas and Events
- Shopping & Old Town
- Cultural Center
- Local Police
- Guardia Civil Office
- Post Office
- Tourist Office
- Town Hall