Best Hotels - La Herradura
Top 2020 Guide
Welcome to our guide on the Best Hotels in La Herradura... We have selected the best hotels by BEACH AREA to help you make the best choice ....
The most popular areas to stay in La Herradura are: (playa meaning beach)
- Front-Line Playa La Herradura - Western End
- Front-Line Playa La Herradura - Eastern End
- Further into Town
- Punta de la Mona
- Marina del Este / Playa Berengueles
Remember: Book Early! These hotels fill up fast and you don't want to miss out!!
Also: Check out the hotels in these near-by Costa Tropical towns...
La Herradura Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Booking.com – The best website for booking hotels in the Costa Tropical. It's fast, easy and most importantly all the Spanish hotels work with them daily. It is the most popular hotel booking site in Spain!
- Where To Stay in La Herradura: The best neighborhoods for visitors are the Punta de la Mona area, Marina del Este or in town along the La Herradura beach – all are walking distance to beaches, restaurants and other sights.
- La Herradura is packed with tourists from mid June to September. Book hotels early for the best deals.
- Remember: Prices change drastically depending on the season - High Season is from July 1st to August 31st and December 24th
until January 6th (Christmas) and also Easter week (March or April)
- Mid Season is from April until June and September & October - Low Season is from Novemeber until March
- Best Hotels in La Herradura for Families: Hotel Best Alcazar
- Best Cheap Hotels in La Herradura: Pension La Herradura and
Hotel La Tartana. There are also two campgrounds in town.
- Best Tours in the Costa Tropical: The two bucket-list activities most people want to do on a trip to Spain are the Camino del Rey (most visited site in Spain now) and a visit to the Alhambra in Granada (World Heritage site). Both are easily done on a day trip from the Costa Tropical.
The BEST Hotels in La Herradura by Area...
Best Hotels in La Herradura - Front-Line Playa La Herradura - Western End
Pena Parda Bay is a small, 1-star Boutique hotel that sits just across the street from the La Herradura beach... on its western end.
It was recently given a total renovation, including all guest rooms and an addition of two very good restaurants on the main floor (Mercato & The Bench). Some say the Mercato Pizzaria has the best pizza on the beach...
With its high end, modern finishings, close proximity to the beach and numerous restaurants within walking distance, Pena Parda Bay is the best value for your money.
Best Hotels in La Herradura - Front-Line Playa La Herradura - Eastern End
The Sol Los Fenicios is another of La Herradura's 4-star hotels. It sits just across the street from the La Herrdura beach on its eastern end. It has a nice rooftop pool with beautiful views of the bay and a wide beach-side terrace for enjoying your morning coffee. Read reviews and see prices for the Hotel Sol Los Fenicios.
La Caleta Bay is a guest house in La Herradura located right on the front line. It is owned by the same people who own and run Pena Parda Bay and is maintained to a high standard. It is surrounded by bars and restaurants and is just a quick walk into town or to the bus station. La Caleta Bay doesn't have all the amenities that the 4-star hotels do but it is clean and quaint, centrally located, has complementary Wi-Fi and all the rooms are air conditioned. Read reviews and see prices for the La Caleta Bay Guest House.
Best Hotels in La Herradura - In Town
The OYO Hotel Almijara is a high-rise 3-star hotel that is right in the center of town, just a quick 2 minute walk to the beach. It's a great choice if you are traveling without a car because it is just minutes from the bus station and centrally located to all the best restaurants and sites. There is no pool but it has a nice roof-top terrace with views of the mountains and Cerro Gordo. Read reviews and see prices for the OYO Hotel Almijara.
Pension La Herradura is one of the low-cost options in the area, it is family owned and very clean. The entire building just recently went through a major renovation, so all the rooms have been updated and modernized. The Pension is located in town by the bus station and only a 3-4-minute walk to the beach, it is also very central to all the bars and restaurants. This is a great option for those on a budget and traveling by public transportation. Read reviews and see prices for the Pension La Herradura.
Best Hotels in La Herradura - Punta de la Mona
Punta de la Mona is the nicest area to stay with full size villas and most homes have private pools. Unless you are lower down you will need a car to get around. Walking to town from the top of the Punta can take 20-25 minutes.
The only hotel in the prestigious Punta de la Mona is:
The Best Alcazar is a 4-Star hotel right in the heart of the Punta de la Mona area. It has an hourly shuttle that runs from the hotel to Marina del Este, Berengueles beach and down to the main La Herradura beach. This hotel has more services than any other and is great for families with children. There are numerous pools (indoor and outdoor), tennis courts, a bowling alley, restaurants, bars and a spa. Read reviews and see prices for the Hotel Best Alcazar.
Best Hotels in La Herradura - Marina del Este
The Marina del Este area is equipped with groceries, restaurants, beaches and other services. You might want to have a car to get to the La Herrdura beach side. Walking from the Marina del Este to the La Herradura beach can take 35-40 min (depending on how far into the marina you are).
Because the Marina is such a small area and there is only one hotel, most people choose to rent a villa or apartment...
- The best and only hotel in the Marina is the
Hotel Best Alcazar.
- For holiday rentals in Spain the absolute BEST site is HomeAway.com. They have THE largest number of properties available and are the most popular in Europe (they are part of the vrbo.com family).
- Check out ALL the Condos and Villas in the Marina del Este and Punta de la Mona neighborhoods...
Best Hotels in La Herradura - Just Outside of Town
La Tartana is a bed and breakfast located in a typical Andalusian style villa with its characteristic inner courtyards, fountains, dark wooden ceiling beams and terracotta tiled floors. It has terraced gardens, courtyards and a lovely patio overlooking the sea where dinners are served. The inn is well known in the area for having one of the most upscale restaurants with a very creative menu. La Tartana is located in the St Nicolas Urbanization on the opposite side of the N340, a 10 minute walk to the beach. Read reviews and see prices for Hotel La Tartana.