Kayaking in Nerja
and La Herradura
The TOP 3 Kayaking Routes & Excursions!
** Kayaking in Nerja and the Maro / Cerro Gordo Nature Reserve
Kayak and Snorkeling Tours in the Acantilados de Maro / Cerro Gordo Nature Reserve
🛶 Kayaking in Nerja is one of THE MOST desired activities, after scuba diving, in the Maro / Cerro Gordo Nature Reserve. During the summer, you will spot hundreds of brightly colored kayaks paddling gently along the Nerja coastline... in and out of hidden caves and coves... and briefly stopping under the waterfalls for a rest and a snorkel.
There are three (3) popular routes / excursions that depart daily from nearby beaches, each tour explores a different part of the nature reserve. Keep reading to find out which ones we recommend and how to book them!
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ An OverviewOn these highly popular Nerja kayaking excursions you will have the opportunity to see the soaring cliffs of Maro up close and personal. You will get to explore the nature reserve's rugged coastline, secluded caves, and stretches of wild beach... all of which are only accessible by sea.
Safety is a priority so you will paddle with an instructor / guide on a hand-picked route past the most interesting sites in the reserve. Snorkel stops are included along the way.
What are the TOP 3 most-booked excursions for 'Kayaking in Nerja'?
The top 3 'Kayaking in Nerja' excursions are:
- Kayaking in Nerja from Burriana Beach + Maro Waterfall! + Snorkel,
- Snorkeling and Kayaking in Nerja from La Herradura Beach ➜ 2.5-hour tour,
- Snorkeling and Kayaking in Nerja from La Herradura Beach ➜ 2-hour tour,
- Kayaking in Nerja from El Playazo Beach,
- Paddle Board Route ➜ Cliffs of Nerja and Maro Waterfall
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ About the ReserveDiscover the best kayaking routes in southern Spain in the most beautiful nature reserve in Andalucia.
The Maro Cerro Gordo Reserve runs along breathtakingly beautiful cliffs that run down to meet secluded inlets and coves at the sea. It is a natural habitat that is mostly untouched and stands proudly as one of the only strips of land along the Andalucian coast that has not been commercialized or developed.
The Maro waterfall, within the reserve, is a spectacular waterfall of 15-meters that will leave you breathless. During the summer, you can kayak under the waterfall... an unforgettable experience.
While in the reserve pay attention to its almost extinct flora and fauna, curious mountain goats that leap gracefully along the cliffs, ancient watchtowers, and spellbindingly beautiful beaches.
Come and explore this paradise with us!
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ When & How to BookYou can book the following tours up to 24-hours before the excursion. These tours are booked through two of Spain's most popular 'Attractions Websites', Viator and Civitatis.
We highly recommend booking through these popular sites, as opposed to other lesser-known sites, because:
- Flexibility. You're in control, with free cancellation and payment options to satisfy any budget.
- High Quality Standards. Browse millions of reviews before you book.
- Familiarity. Viator is a Tripadvisor company.
- Award-Winning Support. Any problems? Contact help, 24/7.
- Ease of Use. Confirmation will be received at time of booking ➜ Just show your mobile ticket.
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ The RoutesThere are three popular routes along the Nerja coastline, all leaving from different beaches. The first two are more popular during the summer months and spend more time in the nature reserve.
** Kayaking in Nerja - Three (3) Routes
Route #1 - Kayaking in Nerja from Burriana Beach
Route #2 - kayaking in Nerja from La Herradura Beach
Route #3 - Kayaking in Nerja from El Playazo Beach
Kayaking in Nerja is an unforgettable experience! On your next holiday to the area create your own adventure by exploring this hidden paradise with family and friends!
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ What's Included
- Kayak and Paddles
- Snorkeling Gear (Mask, Snorkel & Fins)
- Life Jacket
- Route #1 Includes Free Photo and Video Reporting Service with GoPro
- Instructor / Guide
** NOTE: Upon booking, please provide foot size (set on the height or weight fields) for snorkeling fins. Masks, snorkels, and fins are immersed for 30-minutes in a disinfectant before departure.
** IMPORTANT! Please provide your phone number for last-minute notifications regarding cancellations and snorkeling equipment.
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ Cancellation Policy
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience's start time. If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience's start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience's start time will not be accepted.
- This experience requires good weather. If it's canceled due to poor weather, you'll be offered a different date or a full refund.
** Kayaking in Nerja - Exploring the Caves
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ Additional Info
- Not Wheelchair Accessible
- Service Animals Allowed
- Near Public Transportation
- Infant Seats Available
- Not Recommended for Travelers with Back Problems
- Most Travelers can Participate
- These Tours are Operated By: Educare Aventura and Activ8You
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ What to BringBefore starting off on this thrilling new adventure of kayaking in Nerja to explore one of the most beautiful areas of Malaga, please keep in mind that protecting yourself from the sun's strong rays will help you enjoy this experience even more.
We recommend that you bring:
- Hat with a Visor
- Clothing that Covers your Shoulders
- Water Bottle / Snacks
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ SafetyFor beginners, the instructors will explain how to use the kayak and snorkeling equipment so that you have the basic knowledge about the safety and concepts of both sports to enjoy the trip safely.
All guides are qualified, have many years of experience, and are passionate about what they do. They are not only there to guide you and create a wonderful sporting experience but to also keep you safe.
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ Paddle Board Excursions are also available!
** Kayaking in Nerja & Standup Paddle Board
Kayaking in Nerja ➜ Where to StayIf you want to experience the beauty of the Maro / Cerro Gordo coastline there are several areas where you can stay. All offering a little something different. Here is what we recommend.
- Nerja (8 km) - A famous white village with tons of restaurants, shops, and nightlife. You will find a large assortment of hotels and villas here.
- Frigiliana (9 km) - Chosen as one of the prettiest villages of Spain this mountain village is just a 12-minute drive from Nerja and Playa de Maro. The Hotel Villa Frigiliana is the nicest hotel.
- La Herradura (7 km) - A picturesque fishing village to the east of the nature reserve on the opposite side of Playa Cantarriján. It has a gorgeous bay with seaside chiringuitos and a marina. Here is nice selection of hotels and villas.
- AlmuÃ±ecar (14 km) - Another popular holiday destination just 30-minutes down the coast with a waterpark, aquarium, bird park, and a castle! Best hotels and villas in AlmuÃ±ecar.
- Maro (1.7 km) - This tiny village is the closest to the Maro beaches but has far less accommodation. If you would like to stay here try these options.
- If you haven't found anything yet, you can also try VRBO.com, they have a ton of great villas and apartments near Nerja, like this one!
Where to find the Cliffs of Maro-Cerro Gordo
- Maro ➜ Home
- The Maro Nature Reserve
- Kayaking in the Nature Reserve
- Scuba Diving in the Reserve
- Tours in the Reserve
- Villages Near the Reserve:
- La Herradura