45+ Things to Do in Nerja:
Your Ultimate Guide for a fun filled holiday in the Costa del Sol
** Things to Do in Nerja ➜ Hike the Famous Rio Chillar!
If you're planning a trip to the area, take advantage of the abundance of outdoor activities that are available in Nerja. From hiking the majestic 'Sierras of the Tejeda, Almijara and Alhama' to kayaking the calm seas along the Maro Nature Reserve... you will find a ton of great things to do on your next trip (the TOP TEN things to do in Nerja are listed below).
The TOP 10 Things to Do in NerjaCanyoning - Kayak - Scuba Diving - Rent a Boat - Sailing Cruise - Hiking the Rio Chillar - Hiking the Pico de Cielo - Hiking El Pinarillo – Nerja Caves - Hiking Maro Tower - Visit a Nerja Market - Buggy Tours - Waterparks - Aquavelis Aquatropic - Horse & Carriage tours - Tours to Nerja - Excursions from Nerja - Ride on the Nerja Train
35 More Things to Do in Nerja and Beyond...
- Visit the Balcon de Europa: Enjoy the panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and the mountains from this viewpoint.
- Explore the Nerja Caves: These famous caves are home to the largest stalagmite in the world and host concerts throughout the summer.
- Relax on Burriana Beach: Spend a day sunbathing, swimming, or trying out water sports on Nerja's most popular beach.
- Take a trip to Frigiliana: Visit this beautiful whitewashed village just a few kilometers from Nerja for a quiet afternoon.
- Visit the church of El Salvador: Visit this beautiful church near the Balcon de Europa, known for its unique mix of architectural styles.
- Go diving or snorkeling at Maro Beach: The clear waters make this beach perfect for underwater exploration.
- Walk along the Rio Chillar: This river walk takes you through beautiful scenery with waterfalls and opportunities for bird watching.
- Visit the Museo de Nerja: Learn about the history and culture of Nerja and the surrounding area.
- Enjoy a day at the Aqua Tropic Water Park: Perfect for families, this water park in nearby Almuñécar offers slides and pools for a fun day out.
- Relax at Torrecilla Beach: Another of Nerja's popular beaches, it's perfect for a day of lounging by the sea.
- Admire the Eagle Aqueduct: Visit this 19th century aqueduct near Maro, a marvel of historical engineering.
- Visit Calas del Pino: This less crowded beach offers peace and quiet and great snorkeling.
- Take a stroll down Calle San Juan de Capistrano: Stroll down this picturesque street and enjoy the traditional Andalusian houses and local shops.
- Climb the Tower of Maro: This historic watchtower offers great views of Playa de Maro, the town of Nerja, and the coastline all the way to Malaga.
- Explore Punta Lara: This quiet residential area offers a beautiful beach and excellent restaurants.
- Enjoy El Playazo Beach: Nerja's longest beach is perfect for a more laid-back beach day.
- Hike in the Sierra de Almijara: The surrounding mountain range offers a variety of trails with stunning views and wildlife spotting opportunities.
- Visit Chanquete's Boat - La Dorada: A great photo spot for fans of the popular Spanish TV series, 'Verano Azul'.
- Visit the Maro Waterfall: A beautiful natural waterfall best accessed by kayak or boat.
- Visit the 'Lost Village' of Acebuchal: Explore this "Lost Village", abandoned during the Spanish Civil War and now restored to its former charm.
- Explore the village of Torrox: Known for its fantastic climate, Torrox offers beautiful beaches and a charming old town.
- Visit Competa: Known as the "Pearl of Axarquia", this village is famous for its local wine and the annual Noche del Vino festival.
- Visit the Costa Tropical villages: Explore the coastal villages of the Costa Tropical, each with its own unique charm. Almuñécar is known for its historic old town and vibrant nightlife, La Herradura for its beautiful bay and water sports, and Salobreña for its Moorish castle on a hilltop and old town.
- Join a wine tasting group: Discover the local wines of the region by joining a wine tasting group. This is a great way to explore the local vineyards and learn about the winemaking process.
- Explore the villages along the Mudejar Route: This route takes you through several villages known for their Mudejar architecture, a style characterized by the influence of Moorish culture during the Christian Reconquest period.
- Walk the Caminito del Rey: Once known as one of the most dangerous in the world, this famous trail offers breathtaking views as it winds along the steep walls of a narrow gorge in El Chorro.
- Visit Granada: A day trip to Granada is a must. Visit the Alhambra, one of Spain's most iconic landmarks, stroll through the Albayzín district, and learn about the city's rich history and culture.
- Visit Malaga: Explore the birthplace of Picasso, visit the impressive cathedral, the Alcazaba, and enjoy the city's bustling marina.
- Visit Almeria: Explore Almeria's rich history by visiting the Alcazaba of Almeria, a 10th-century fortress, and stroll through the narrow streets of the old town.
- Hike through the Maro-Cerro Gordo Nature Reserve: Located between the municipalities of Nerja and Almuñécar, this protected area is a haven of biodiversity with stunning cliffs, secluded beaches and rich marine life.
- Visit the Roman Aqueducts: Discover the historic Roman aqueducts in the region, impressive remnants of ancient engineering.
- Visit the Almuñécar Castle (Castillo de San Miguel): Explore this well-preserved castle with panoramic views of Almuñécar and the surrounding sea and mountains.
- Skiing in the Sierra Nevada: During the winter months, take a trip to the Sierra Nevada mountains for some of the best skiing in Spain.
- Visit the villages of the Alpujarras: Explore the villages of the Lower and Upper Alpujarras, each with its own charm, nestled on the southern slopes of the Sierra Nevada.
- Hike to the summit of Mulhacén: Embark on a challenging but rewarding hike to the summit of Mulhacén, the highest peak in mainland Spain. The views from the top are truly breathtaking.
30+ More Things to See and Do in the Costa Tropical...
Save money on your next trip with our favorite travel websites!
|Find the Cheapest Hotels:
|The Largest Selection of Villas & Apartments:
|Cheapest, Most Reliable Car Rentals:
|Best Bus & Train Fares:
|Huge Selection of the BEST Tours & Activities
|Discount Tickets to Museums & Attractions
See our Full List of Travel Deals & Site Recommendations Here.