The Nerja Museum
** The Nerja Museum and How to Buy Tickets!
You will also find information about the history of Nerja, how it has changed over the years, and its strong cultural Andalucian heritage.
Nerja Museum ➜ What is Offered?A walk through the Nerja Museum should take no more than an hour, but if you've already been to the Nerja Caves it's very helpful in explaining the history about everything you have just seen. If you haven't been yet, we strongly recommend it!
- There is a brief movie when you start that explains the history of the area.
- You will see many artifacts that have been found in the area dating to ancient times.
- You will see tools and equipment used by local farmers and fisherman throughout the years.
- You will learn about the Roman towers that dot the coastline and how they were used.
- You will learn about the Eagle Aqueduct and the ancient Nerja Castle that was part of the Balcon de Europa.
- There is a large multimedia 360º theatre that details the discovery of the Nerja Caves.
- And there is an art exhibition in the 'Ana Maria Marquez' room that changes every two-months.
Nerja Museum ➜ Audio guided TourJust like with the Nerja Caves, the audio guide is free and included with your ticket. You can download the guide here. It is offered in 15 languages: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Norwegian, Russian, Korean, Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese and Japanese.
There is also a children's version in Spanish and English.
** Nerja Museum
|Normal Hours:||9:00 until 16:00|
Summer: (June 23 - Sept 11)
|9:00 until 14:30 pm|
|The museum is open 363 days a year, only closing on the 1st of January and the 15th of May.
Nerja Museum ➜ Prices & How to Buy Tickets
|adults||kids 6-12||kids > 6||seniors|
|Nerja Museum Visit
Includes: Nerja Museum and Audio Guide
|4,00 €||2,00 €||FREE||2,00 €|
|Nerja Cave Visit with Museum
Includes: Nerja Caves, Nerja Museum, and Audio Guide
|12,00 €||10,00 €||FREE||10,00 €|
How to Buy Tickets
- You can buy tickets directly from the "FUNDACIÓN CUEVA DE NERJA", the website is: https://entradas.cuevadenerja.es/
Remember: NO CHANGES OR REFUNDS ARE ALLOWED! La Cueva de Nerja does not accept exchanges or refunds on tickets sold on its online platform on the 'Cueva de Nerja' official website.
- You may also buy tickets on 'tiqets.com' with FREE cancellation if needed. They offer both the
'Nerja Cave General Admission' and the
'Tickets for Nerja Cave: Night Tour'
Note: These tickets are sometimes not available during high season (July & August)
** Nerja Museum - Prehistoric Skeleton Found in the Nerja Caves
Nerja Museum ➜ Contact Information
Phone: 952 527 224
Nerja Museum ➜ How to ArriveThe easiest way to find the Nerja Museum is to make your way to the Balcon de Europa, (here). From there walk past the El Salvador Church and through the arch in front of the Tourist Office / Town Hall. You will find yourself in a large plaza (Plaza de España). The museum is located in the far-left corner (here).
Nerja Museum ➜ ParkingIf you are driving to the Nerja Museum, you're in luck. It sits just on top of one of the largest car parks in Nerja. You will find it on the map here.