** Playa Chorrillo - Nerja, Spain
Playa Chorrillo! ➜ Solitude Amongst the Rocks!
If you are looking for a quiet, out of the way place to spend the day, Playa Chorrillo is the place! This beach is made up of three narrow coves between Playa Calahonda and Playa Carabeo with giant boulders that create intimate nooks and crannies.
Once you cross over from Playa Calahonda, wander through the maze of rocks until you find yourself a soft, sandy patch of beach... away from the tourist masses. Playa Chorrillo is the kind of place where you go to be alone... to relax to the sound of the crashing waves and calling gulls.
Contents on This Page
** Playa Calahonda & Rocky Shore of Playa Chorrillo
Why Visit Playa Chorrillo?Visit Playa Chorrillo if you want to get away from it all. Here you will find very private nooks and crannies that are perfect for those that seek solitude and a quiet place to read...
How to Arrive ➜From Granada - Drive south on A-44. Take exit 183 to merge onto E-15 / A-7 towards Salobreña / Málaga. Take exit 295 (Nerja) from the A-7.
➜ Continue to the roundabout and take the N-340 (first exit) towards Nerja. Drive straight until you reach town and find one of the two parking areas below. Playa Chorrillo can be accessed on foot from the Balcón de Europa.
From Malaga - Follow A-7 going east. Take exit 295 (Nerja) from A-7. Then follow directions above.
From the Center of Nerja - Make your way walking towards the Balcón de Europa. From there you will be able to access this beach on foot.
** Playa Chorrillo from the Air
Parking ➜For parking in town and access to Playa Chorrillo these are the two closest parking areas.
- Parking Balcón de Europa - this parking area is a three-story underground structure. It sits just below the Ayuntamiento (town hall), tourist office, and Nerja Museum.
- Parking Carabeo - This is a large open, dirt parking lot. It sits just behind the Nerja old town where you will have access to many restaurants and the shopping district.
Access to the Beach ➜Access to Playa Chorrillo is easy:
- From the Balcón de Europa - Make your way to the Balcón de Europa in the center of Nerja. While you are there you will see the
'Boquete de Calahonda', this is a white structure with many arches, covered in colorful pots of Geraniums.
Behind the 'Boquete de Calahonda', around the corner from the blue fountain, you will find a winding stairwell. This stairwell will take you down to Playa Calahonda. Cross over Playa Calahonda, going east, towards the large rocks along the shoreline. Behind the rocks you will find hidden patches of beach known as Playa Chorrillo... find yourself a quiet spot and relax...
Facilities on Playa Chorrillo:There are no services directly on Playa Chorrillo, but because it's connected to Playa Calahonda you will have these facilities available within a short walk.
- Changing Rooms
- Sun Bed and Umbrella Rentals
- Tapas Bars
- Parking Garage
- Seaside Promenade
** Playa Chorrillo - Promenade Behind Playa Calahonda
Beach Info ➜
|Type:||Sandy Area Between Large Boulders / Urban Area|
|Level of occupancy:||Low|
|Sand Type:||Light Sand|
|Access||Walk Across Playa Calahonda|
|Ease of Access||Easy|
- Playa Calahonda
- Playa Burriana
- Playa Carabeillo
- Playa Carabeo
- Playa la Caletilla
- Playa el Salón
- Playa Torrecilla
- Playa el Chucho
- Playa el Playazo
Playa Chorrillo ➜ Where to StayLocated on the opposite side of Nerja's most famous beach, Playa Calahonda, Playa Chorrillo is close to everything. If you are staying near the Balcon de Europa, you will easily be able to access this beach.
Hotels & Apartments ➜
Hotel Balcón de Europa -
Apartamentos Toboso Plaza
Hotel Plaza Cavana -
Summer Villas for Rent ➜
Playa Chorrillo ➜ Where to EatWith just a 5-minute walk to the Balcón de Europa Plaza and it's many bars and restaurants, there is no end to the number of choices near Playa Chorrillo... If you are looking for something quick and easy near the Balcon we recommend:
- Albi - A quick restaurant with burgers and sandwiches. They also have the best ice cream in Nerja.
- La Fuente da Paolo - Travelers' Choice! Italian pizza and pasta.
- Puerta del Mar - Seafood restaurant overlooking the Balcon and Playa Calahonda below.
- ➜ The BEST 20 Nerja Restaurants
Playa Chorrillo ➜ Water Sports / ExcursionsThere are no water sports available on Playa Chorrillo or Playa Calahonda. This is a place to come to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Playa Burriana, on the other hand, is a very popular spot in Nerja for kayaking and water sports... due to its proximity to the Maro Nature Reserve and Waterfalls. If you are interested in kayaking excursions to the waterfalls, paddle board, boat rental, or scuba diving... read these guides...
- Read more about the kayaking excursions here: Kayaking in Nerja.
- Scuba Diving in La Herradura - 15-minutes from Nerja and known as the best spot for scuba in mainland Spain.
- Renting Boats & Jet Skis from the Marina in La Herradura
Playa Chorrillo ➜ Map
- The Nerja Caves
- Tour Packages
- Opening Hours
- The Nerja Museum
- The Nerja Tourist Train
- Tours to Nerja & the Nerja Caves
- Nerja's Top Sites
- Balcón de Europa
- Eagle Aqueduct
- The Ermita de las Angustias
- The Church of El Salvador
- Top Things to Do
- Visit the Nerja Markets
- Day Trips to Nerja
- Excursions From Nerja
- Costa del Sol Sailing Tours