Caminito del Rey Hotels
The TOP 10 Nearby Areas to Stay
** El Caminito del Rey Hotels & Where to Stay
Caminito del Rey ➜ Where to StayThe Caminito del Rey, also known as the 'King's Path', is a famous walkway located in the province of Malaga. This breathtaking path attracts thousands of visitors every year and the surrounding areas offer a wide range of interesting places to stay.
From modern 5-star hotels to traditional Spanish villages, whether you're looking for a luxurious coastal getaway or a more rustic tranquil experience... there are accommodations to suit every taste and budget...
Let's first look at 10 nearby areas where you can stay (within 1.5 hours of the Caminito del Rey) and what each area has to offer:
- Ultimate Malaga History & Tapas - All Included Full Experience
- Taste of Malaga Tour : Tapas, History and Local Customs
- Best of Málaga City Tour
- Sailing and Dolphin Watching in Marbella
- Skip the Line: Museo Picasso Malaga Entrance Ticket
- The Best of Malaga in 2 Hours on a Segway
- Arabian Baths Experience at Malaga’s Hammam Al Andalus
- Day Trip: Granada Alhambra Tour from Malaga
Caminito del Rey ➜ TOP 10 Nearby Areas to StayIf you are looking for Caminito del Rey hotels, there are several nearby cities and towns where you can stay, each offers something a little different. Here is a general description of each area, but we will dive in a little deeper further down the page:
- The City of Málaga: One of the closest major cities to the Caminito del Rey is Malaga (just 50 kilometers), which is a vibrant and bustling city with a rich history. There are many interesting places to stay in Malaga, ranging from luxurious hotels to cozy guesthouses.
- Costa del Sol: Known for its sunny climate, beautiful beaches, and vibrant nightlife... You can choose from a variety of luxury hotels and resorts or private vacation rentals (Torremolinos & Fuengirola are popular towns).
- Marbella: Marbella is a luxurious port city located on the Costa del Sol, known for its upscale resorts, stunning beaches, and lively marina. It is overflowing with luxury hotels, boutique hotels, and holiday rentals.
- Nerja: Another popular coastal town located on the eastern edge of the Costa del Sol. Nerja is known for its picturesque beaches, crystal-clear waters, and the famous Nerja Caves. It's also packed with great hotels, apartments, and seaside villas.
- Costa Tropical: Known for its subtropical climate and exotic fruits (such as mangoes and avocados), the Costa Tropical's three most popular towns are Salobreña, Almuñécar, and La Herradura. They offer a huge range of accommodations including 4-star hotels, all-inclusive resorts, and holiday home rentals.
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Hike of a Lifetime!
- Antequera: Known for its well-preserved historical architecture and stunning natural landscapes, Antequera has an abundance of charming hotels or hostals, which are just a 45-minute drive to the Caminito del Rey.
- Ronda: A picturesque pueblo blanco known for its stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. Stay in the historic center of Ronda with easy access to the Caminito del Rey and other nearby attractions such as the Puente Nuevo bridge, the Plaza de Toros bullring, and the Arab Baths.
- Álora: Álora is a charming rural town with a traditional Andalusian feel located at the end of the Caminito del Rey which offers a small range of accommodation, including hostels, B & B's, and private country houses.
- El Chorro: Known for the natural beauty of the nearby 'Desfiladero de los Gaitanes Gorge' and the Guadalhorce River, this small village is also located near the end of the Caminito del Rey hike. It has a campsite, apartments, and a rural hotel.
- Ardales: The village located at the start of the Caminito del Rey (you can walk from here), is known for its natural park and historic landmarks. Ardales offers charming guesthouses and vacation rentals with easy access to the town's many attractions, including the nearby Ardales Lakes.
Distance Between Hotel Areas and the Caminito del Rey
|Malaga||Caminito del Rey||54 min|
|Torremolinos||Caminito del Rey||55 min|
|Marbella||Caminito del Rey||1 hr 7 min|
|Nerja||Caminito del Rey||1 hr 27 min|
|Costa Tropical||Caminito del Rey||1 hr 37 min|
|Antequera||Caminito del Rey||44 min|
|Ronda||Caminito del Rey||53 min|
|Álora||Caminito del Rey||37 min|
|El Chorro||Caminito del Rey||18 min|
|Ardales||Caminito del Rey||17 min|
Caminito del Rey Hotels ➜ Malaga City
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Malaga, Spain
The city of Malaga is a cultural hub, with a rich history and a huge range of museums, art galleries, and sites to explore. It's also a great place to experience Spanish culture and cuisine.
Here are some of Malaga's top sites:
|The Alcazaba:||A Moorish castle with stunning views of the city and Mediterranean Sea.|
|The Picasso Museum:||A museum showcasing the life and work of Malaga's most famous artist, Pablo Picasso.|
|The Cathedral of Malaga:||An impressive Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque-style cathedral that took centuries to complete.|
|Gibralfaro Castle:||A 14th-century castle perched on a hill overlooking the city, offering panoramic views.|
|The Roman Theatre:||Dating to the 1st century BC, one of Malaga's most important Roman sites.|
|Malaga Botanical Gardens:||A beautiful park located just outside the city, featuring lush greenery, fountains, and sculptures. A wonderful place to explore at Christmas time to see the lights...|
|Atarazanas Market:||A bustling market offering a wide variety of fresh seafood, fruits, vegetables, and other local products.|
Staying in Malaga offers the convenience of easy access to the Caminito del Rey plus a huge range of other sites, tours, and amenities that will create the perfect holiday experience. It's located just 50 kilometers (54 minutes) southeast of the Caminito, also making it a perfect base for exploring the area. It's very easy to reach the Caminito del Rey by car or public transportation (or on a guided trip).
Malaga has a ton of accommodation options, including hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and guesthouses (to suit every budget and need), and you're more likely to find something here... than in the other smaller towns or villages.
Plus, Malaga also has several beautiful beaches that you can enjoy... either before or after your visit to the Caminito del Rey. 😉
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Gran Miramar | Malaga
Here are the TOP five Caminito del Rey hotels in Malaga:
- Gran Hotel Miramar: The luxurious Gran Hotel Miramar GL is set in a XX century building and is located in Malaga, 10 m from La Malagueta Beach. This beachfront hotel has a spa center and a seasonal pool.
- AC Hotel Malaga Palacio: Situated in the heart of Malaga's historic center, the AC Hotel Malaga Palacio offers stunning views of the city and the marina. The hotel features elegant rooms, a rooftop pool, and a restaurant and bar.
- Molina Lario Hotel: This stylish hotel is located in a renovated 19th-century building in Malaga's historic center. The Molina Lario Hotel offers modern and elegant rooms, a rooftop pool, a spa, and a restaurant and bar.
- Vincci Seleccion Posada del Patio: The Posada del Patio is 5-star hotel, situated in the center of Málaga, with a rooftop swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. It features a fascinating exhibition of historic objects.
- Room Mate Valeria: This trendy and modern hotel is located in the heart of Malaga, just a few minutes' walk from the beach. Room Mate Valeria offers bright and colorful rooms, a rooftop pool, a fitness center, and a restaurant and bar.
Caminito del Rey Hotels ➜ Costa del Sol
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Costa del Sol
The Costa del Sol is a region along the southern coast of Spain known for its sunny climate, beautiful beaches, and vibrant nightlife. It is overflowing with luxury hotels and resorts and is one of the most popular areas to stay in Europe during the summer.
Three popular villages along the Costa del Sol are Torremolinos, Estepona, and Fuengirola. All boast lively atmospheres, popular beaches, and Fuengirola even has a marina and a historic castle at its center.
If you like the idea of a waterfront resort with stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea and easy access to the Caminito del Rey and other top sites... then the Costa del Sol is the place for you!
The TOP three Caminito del Rey hotels in Torremolinos, Estepona, and Fuengirola:
- Hotel Riu Nautilus - Adults Only: A hotel in Torremolinos with adults-only accommodation, with two restaurants, two bars, outdoor swimming pool, fitness center and a garden. All rooms boast a flat-screen TV with satellite channels and a private bathroom.
- Kempinski Hotel Bahía Beach Resort & Spa: Situated in Estepona, the Kempinski Hotel Bahia is a luxurious beachfront resort that offers stunning sea views, spacious rooms, and a range of amenities, including a spa, fitness center, and several restaurants and bars.
- Anantara Villa Padierna Palace Benahavís Marbella Resort - A Leading Hotel of the World: Featuring 3 18-hole golf courses, this luxury hotel is 10 minutes’ drive from Puerto Banus. Designed like a Tuscan palace, it features a 2, 000 m² spa, Roman Amphitheater and a luxurious beach club.
Caminito del Rey Hotels ➜ Marbella
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Puerto Banus | Marbella
Staying in the Costa del Sol, particularly in Marbella, while visiting the Caminito del Rey offers a great balance of outdoor adventure and relaxation... making it a great choice for those looking to experience the best of both worlds.
Marbella is a popular tourist destination known for its beautiful beaches, excellent dining options, luxurious resorts, and charming old town. It offers a great place to unwind after a long day of hiking and adventure. You will also have plenty of opportunities for shopping and nightlife.
The TOP 3 areas to stay in Marbella are:
|The Old Town:||Featuring narrow streets, picturesque squares, and stunning architecture that dates to the 16th century, the Marbella old town is full of historical monuments, restaurants, cafes, and upscale boutiques.|
|The Golden Mile:||A stretch of road that runs between Puerto Banus and Estepona that is home to the most exclusive hotels and resorts in Marbella, including the Marbella Club Hotel and the Puente Romano Beach Resort.|
|Puerto Banus:||A luxury marina and shopping area where you can find waterfront hotels and resorts offering stunning views of the Mediterranean and easy access to the town's main attractions.|
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Marbella Club Luxury Resort
Here are FIVE of the top Caminito del Rey hotels in Marbella:
- Marbella Club: Located in the heart of Marbella, the Marbella Club is a luxurious beachfront resort that offers elegant rooms, top-notch dining options, and a range of leisure facilities, including a spa, fitness center, and golf course.
- Puente Romano: Also located in Marbella, the Puente Romano is a sprawling resort that offers a range of accommodation options, from elegant rooms to luxurious villas. The resort boasts beautiful gardens, several swimming pools, a tennis club, and a range of dining and leisure options.
- Vincci Selección Estrella del Mar: Set 400 m from Elviria Beach, Vincci Selección Estrella Del Mar is a modern hotel that combines contemporary architecture with Arab Mediterranean décor. This 5-star luxury hotel features 4 outdoor swimming pools with a pool bar.
- Amàre Beach Hotel Marbella - Adults Only: Set on the beachfront, in the center of Marbella's old town, this adults-only hotel offers a spa, outdoor swimming pool, and Beach Club. The modern, stylish rooms are spacious and bright, and most have a balcony with sea views.
- Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort: Set within beautiful gardens on the sea front, this hotel offers elegantly furnished rooms with a balcony and direct access to the beach. There are 2 indoor and two outdoor swimming pools, a sun terrace, fitness center and two golf courses within 3 km of the hotel.
Caminito del Rey Hotels ➜ Nerja
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Nerja, Spain
Nerja is a very popular tourist destination located on the eastern most end of the Costa del Sol, just 1.5 hours drive from the Caminito del Rey. Known for its beautiful beaches, historic sites, and vibrant night life, some of Nerja's top attractions are the Balcony of Europe, the Nerja Caves, and Burriana Beach... as well as its charming old town streets and whitewashed houses.
Staying in Nerja while visiting the Caminito del Rey allows you to combine outdoor adventure with relaxation in a beautiful setting. You can spend your days hiking the trail and enjoying the stunning natural scenery, and then return to Nerja to relax on the beach or explore the town's top sites.
Nerja has a great range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly hostels to 4-star hotels, making it a great choice for every budget. The town also offers a great selection of restaurants, bars, and cafes, where you can sample delicious Spanish cuisine and soak up the local atmosphere.
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Nerja Parador
Nerja's TOP Caminito del Rey hotels are:
- MB Boutique Hotel - Adults Only: This stylish boutique hotel is located on the Playa Torrecilla in Nerja and offers modern, comfortable rooms and a sun terrace with stunning views of the sea. Guests praise the hotel's excellent service, delicious breakfasts, and convenient location.
- Hotel Carabeo: This charming hotel is situated in Nerja's old town and offers a garden pool and terrace with panoramic views of the sea. One of Nerja's top restaurants is located within the hotel, Restaurante #34.
- Parador de Nerja: This luxurious hotel is set on a clifftop overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and features beautiful gardens, multiple pools, and elevator access to Burriana beach. Guests rave about the hotel's stunning location, spacious rooms, and excellent restaurant.
Caminito del Rey Hotels ➜ Costa Tropical
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Costa Tropical | La Herradura
The Costa Tropical is the coastal area in the province of Granada, between the well-known Costa del Sol and the Costa de Almería. It's known for its picturesque beaches, charming villages, and delicious cuisine. Its three most popular villages are Salobreña, Almuñécar, and La Herradura.
Staying in the Costa Tropical while visiting the Caminito del Rey allows you to experience the natural beauty of the trail while also enjoying the cultural and culinary offerings of this region. The area is also known for its delicious seafood and local produce, making it a great destination for foodies.
The Costa Tropical also offers a multitude of interesting things to see and do, like visiting its historic monuments (the Roman aqueducts and castle), museums, and outdoor activities (like kayaking and canyoning).
Caminito del Rey Hotels ➜ Antequera
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Antequera, Spain
Antequera is another great option for those seeking to stay near the Caminito del Rey. Here are FOUR great reasons why Antequera should be at the top of your list if you're looking for Caminito del Rey hotels:
|Location:||Antequera is only 30 kilometers north of the Caminito del Rey (45 minutes by car), making it a great base for exploring the area.|
|History and Culture:||Antequera has a rich history and is home to several interesting landmarks, including the Alcazaba and the Dolmens of Antequera (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). It is also just 25-minutes from the Torcal de Antequera Natural Park, another fantastic place for hiking (another UNESCO World Heritage Site).|
|Natural Beauty:||Antequera is in a perfect setting, surrounded by mountains and rolling hills. It's a great place to enjoy outdoor activities, like hiking, biking, or horseback riding.|
|Accommodation:||Antequera has more hotel options than other smaller villages. You will find hotels, hostals, and guesthouses to suit any budget. It's a quiet, relaxing place to stay after hiking all day on the Caminito del Rey.|
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Convento La Magdalena
Here are three of the top Caminito del Rey hotels in Antequera:
- Parador de Antequera: This strikingly modern hotel overlooks the gorgeous landscapes of Andalusia and enjoys views of the rock formations and sunsets from the outdoor pool, trendy terrace and elegant restaurant.
- Hotel Convento La Magdalena: This luxurious hotel is set in a restored 17th-century convent and features elegant rooms, a spa, a swimming pool, a restaurant and bar, and beautiful gardens overlooking the Torcal de Antequera Natural Park
- Finca Eslava: This charming hotel is set in a restored 18th-century farmhouse, surrounded by olive groves and vineyards. Finca Eslava offers elegant rooms, a restaurant and bar, a swimming pool, and a range of leisure facilities, including a tennis court and a sauna.
Caminito del Rey Hotels ➜ Ronda
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Ronda
While Malaga is a great option for those who want to be close to the coast and enjoy the city's cultural attractions, Ronda is popular for those who want to stay in a quieter, more rural and picturesque town... that's also closer to the Caminito del Rey.
Here are FOUR reasons you should consider staying in Ronda while hiking the Caminito del Rey:
|Location:||Ronda is just 60 kilometers west of the Caminito del Rey, you can easily get there in about one-hour by car.|
|History and Culture:||Ronda has a long history and is home to several interesting sites you can visit, the Mondragon Palace, the Casa del Rey Moro, the Arab Baths, as well as the other famous pueblos blancos in the area.|
|Natural Beauty:||Ronda is the largest of the 'pueblos blancos' and is known for its breathtaking scenery. Its famous Puente Nuevo bridge spans a deep gorge and offers stunning views of the surrounding patchwork landscape.|
|Food and Wine:||Ronda is a great place to enjoy authentic Spanish cuisine. You can try some of the area's traditional dishes and its red wines, known for their robust and complex flavors. The village is an up-and-comer in the wine industry with beautiful vineyards you can visit during your stay.|
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Ronda Parador
Here are four of the top Caminito del Rey hotels in Ronda:
- Parador de Ronda: Located on the edge of the famous El Tajo gorge, the Parador de Ronda is a historic hotel that offers stunning views, elegant rooms, a restaurant and a swimming pool and a spa.
- Hotel Montelirio: Set on the edge of Ronda’s famous gorge, this 17th-century palace offers fantastic views of the River Guadalevín. It has a seasonal outdoor pool, Turkish bath and rooms with free Wi-Fi.
- Catalonia Reina Victoria: Situated on a hilltop overlooking Ronda's old town, the Catalonia Reina Victoria is a luxurious hotel that offers stunning views, elegant rooms, a spa, a swimming pool, and several dining options.
- Hotel La Fuente de la Higuera: Surrounded by olive groves near Ronda, relax in this luxurious hotel and enjoy beautiful views of the Andalusian countryside.
Caminito del Rey Hotels ➜ Álora?
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Álora
Álora is a small village located in a beautiful rural setting, surrounded by mountains and rolling hills. It's much closer than the other locations on this page and will only take 30-minutes by car to reach the Caminito del Rey.
People who choose to stay in Álora are typically looking for a quiet area, away from the hustle and bustle of the Costa del Sol and larger cities. They want to enjoy the fresh air with hiking, biking, or horseback riding. It's another great place for exploring more of the area.
While Álora is a small town, there are several sites you can visit during your stay, like the majestic Castle of Álora and the Church of Our Lady of the Flowers.
Here are TWO low-cost Caminito del Rey hotels in Álora:
- Hostal Caminito del Rey: A guesthouse set in Álora. The tour desk can provide information of the area. Caminito del Rey is 14 km from the Hostel. All rooms offer private bathrooms, WiFi, fridge, flat screen TV and toiletries.
- Hostal Durán: Situated in the center of Álora, Hostal Durán has free WiFi throughout. Its air-conditioned rooms offer wonderful views over the town, including the Arabic castle.
- Or Rent a Holiday Home in Álora: Enjoy the serenity of the Álora countryside and explore the area on your own.
Caminito del Rey Hotels ➜ El Chorro?
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - El Chorro
El Chorro is the village located at the southern end of the Caminito del Rey. From here, it will only take you 15-minutes to drive to the northern entrance where the trail starts. You can also walk to the trailhead from here, but it will take about 1.5 to 2 hours.
What else can you do in El Chorro during your visit?
|Rock Climbing||El Chorro is known for its world-class rock-climbing routes, with over a thousand in the area. There are also climbing schools and guides available if you're a beginner, or you can rent equipment if you're an experienced climber.|
|Guadalhorce Reservoir:||The Guadalhorce reservoir is located near El Chorro and is a great place to relax and enjoy some outdoor activities, like swimming, kayaking, or paddleboarding. You can also rent boats or take a guided tour of the reservoir by bicycle from Ronda.|
|Explore the Village:||El Chorro is a small village with a rich history and traditional Andalusian architecture. You can stroll around the village, visit the local church, or try the delicious local cuisine.|
|Birdwatching:||El Chorro is home to a diverse range of bird species, including eagles, vultures, and falcons. You can take a guided birdwatching tour or explore the area on your own to spot some of the local birdlife.|
TWO Caminito del Rey hotel Options in El Chorro:
- Complejo Turístico La Garganta: A reformed flour factory from 1827 offering visitors all the amenities and comforts of a modern hotel. The cozy rooms have a small living area and views of the beautiful gorge.
- Rural Holiday Homes to Rent in El Chorro: Rent a wonderful rural cottage in the area of El Chorro and enjoy the amazing natural setting around the Caminito del Rey park.
Caminito del Rey Hotels ➜ Ardales?
** Caminito del Rey Hotels - Ardales
The last option on our list is Ardales. Staying here allows you to fully immerse yourself in the natural beauty and history of the area, with the opportunity to explore the town and the surrounding area at your own pace (check out the medieval castle and the church of Nuestra Señora de los Remedios).
Ardales is the MOST convenient of all the towns to stay in, as it sits right at the northern entrance to the Caminito del Rey. You can either walk, drive, or cycle to the start of your hike!
In addition to its proximity to the Caminito, the Ardales National Park is known for its stunning landscapes, with its rugged limestone cliffs, turquoise lakes, and dense pine forests it's the perfect place to spend the day after your hike. You can relax by the lake, take a swim, go kayaking, or enjoy a picnic with friends.
TOP Options for Caminito del Rey hotel in Ardales:
- Hotel La Posada del Conde: This rustic hotel is set between the Conde del Guadalhorce and Guadalteba Reservoirs in the Desfiladero de los Gaitanes Park. It offers spacious rooms with scenic forest views and free Wi-Fi.
- Rent a Holiday Cottage in Ardales: See all the available holiday homes near the Caminito del Rey village of Ardales.
Campgrounds located Near the Caminito del Rey
** Caminito del Rey Campgrounds
- Camping Parque Ardales: This campground is in the town of Ardales, just a few kilometers from the start of the Caminito del Rey. It has apartments and campsites. www.parqueardales.com
- Camping la Sierrecilla Camping la Sierrecilla is in Humilladero, 11 mi from Antequera. Surrounded by wildlife and hiking trails, it features a seasonal outdoor pool, a free Wi-Fi zone and free parking.
- Camping La Isla: This campground is in the town of Ronda, which is about 50 kilometers from the Caminito del Rey, but still within driving distance.
- Camping Cabopino: This campground is near the coast, about 70 kilometers from the Caminito del Rey. However, it offers a good base for exploring the surrounding area, including the nearby city of Marbella. www.campingcabopino.com
Rural Escapes ➜ Rent a Cottage
** Caminito del Rey - Rural Cottages
Another option for staying near the Caminito del Rey is to rent a rural cottage. It's a great way to experience the beauty and charm of the Andalusian countryside while escaping the crowds coming from the other touristy areas like the Costa del Sol.
Most of the cottages for rent near the Caminito offer stunning views of the mountains, valleys, and forests of the Ardales National Park and provide a quiet and peaceful retreat away from the worries of everyday life...
Here are a few that we recommend:
Save money on your next trip with our favorite travel websites!
|Find the Cheapest Hotels:|
|The Largest Selection of Villas & Apartments:|
|Cheapest, Most Reliable Car Rentals:|
|Best Bus & Train Fares:|
|Huge Selection of the BEST Tours & Activities|
|Discount Tickets to Museums & Attractions|
See our Full List of Travel Deals & Site Recommendations Here.