Caminito del Rey ➜ How to Arrive
** Caminito del Rey ➜ How to Arrive
- Caminito del Rey Prices 2023
- How to Find Caminito del Rey Tickets
- Opening Hours / Best Time to Visit
- Where to Stay & the BEST Caminito del Rey Hotels
- Everything You Need to Know About the Caminito del Rey - Ultimate Guide 2023
The Caminito de ReyHiking the Caminito del Rey is a must for anyone visiting Andalucia. You can explore the beautiful Andalusian countryside while experiencing the thrill of hiking along Spain's most challenging trail, suspended hundreds of feet above the ground.
Located just 62 kilometers west of Malaga, 120 kilometers northeast of Seville and 150 kilometers east of Granada, the Caminito del Rey is quick and easy to get to. You can take a train or bus from Malaga, Granada or Seville to nearby villages and from there take a shuttle bus to the start of the trail.
The three small villages of Ardales, El Chorro, and Álora are scattered around the route and offer easy access to the starting point and plenty of accommodation. Guided tours are also available for those who prefer not to deal with the logistics themselves.
How to Arrive to the Caminito del Rey?If you're looking for information on how to get to the Caminito del Rey, you've come to the right place! This special hike is actually very easy to get to. It's located in the province of Málaga, less than 40 minutes from the capital. It's also easily accessible from both Granada and Seville.
Read on to find out how to get to the Caminito del Rey from all three of these major Andalusian cities. And also how to get there from the smaller but closer towns of Ardales, Álora, and El Chorro.
- Ultimate Malaga History & Tapas - All Included Full Experience
- Taste of Malaga Tour : Tapas, History and Local Customs
- Best of Málaga City Tour
- Sailing and Dolphin Watching in Marbella
- Skip the Line: Museo Picasso Malaga Entrance Ticket
- The Best of Malaga in 2 Hours on a Segway
- Arabian Baths Experience at Malaga’s Hammam Al Andalus
- Day Trip: Granada Alhambra Tour from Malaga
What is the Caminito del Rey area like?The province of Málaga,, located in the southern region of Andalucia, boasts a diverse natural environment characterized by its rugged coastline, pristine beaches, rolling hills, and mountain ranges. The coastal area of the province is home to several natural parks, including the Paraje Natural Acantilados de Maro-Cerro Gordo, which is known for its stunning cliffs, coves, and sea caves.
Further inland, the province is dominated by the Sierra de las Nieves Natural Park, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve that is home to an abundance of plant and animal species, including the rare Spanish fir tree and the elusive Iberian lynx. The park's mountain ranges offer spectacular hiking trails that wind through lush forests, deep gorges and cascading waterfalls. It is also home to the famous Caminito del Rey.
Caminito del Rey ➜ Distance From Malaga
** Caminito del Rey ➜ How to Arrive from Malaga
The Caminito del Rey is located approximately 62 kilometers (38 miles) northwest of the city of Malaga. The distance between the two can be covered in about one-hour by car or bus via the A-357 and MA-5403.
The last part of the journey will take you through a series of winding roads with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. You'll see olive groves, almond trees and vineyards dotting the landscape, with the occasional herd of goats or sheep grazing along the road. So take your time and enjoy the beautiful drive through the heart of Andalucia.
How to Arrive to the Caminito del Rey by Car From MalagaDriving to the Caminito del Rey from Malaga offers a more convenient and comfortable experience than using public transportation. You avoid the hassle of crowded buses or trains, and you have the freedom to set your own pace and make stops along the way.
Driving also gives you the opportunity to explore other nearby attractions such as the Ardales Lakes, the mountains, and other small white villages. Driving to the Caminito del Rey from Malaga is the best way to fully enjoy and appreciate the stunning natural beauty of the region. rent a cheap car!
Driving Directions from Malaga to the Caminito del Rey (54 min (59.6 km) via A-357):
Caminito del Rey ➜ How to Arrive by Bus From MalagaIf you prefer to use public transportation, there is a regular bus service from Malaga to the town of Ardales, which is about 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) from the Caminito del Rey. From Ardales you can take a shuttle bus or taxi to the northern entrance of the trail.
The bus ride takes about 1-hour and costs about €6.00 per person.
⭐ The bus station in Malaga, the Malaga Estacion de Autobuses, is a busy station with connections to locations all over Andalucia.
Caminito del Rey ➜ How to Arrive by Train From Malaga
** Caminito del Rey ➜ How to Arrive by Train
Malaga's train station, Maria Zambrano, is a modern, well-connected station that serves as a gateway to many popular destinations throughout Andalucia.
There is a train that runs from Malaga to El Chorro, which is approximately 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) from the Caminito del Rey. From El Chorro you can take a shuttle bus or taxi to the trailhead. The train ride takes about 45 minutes and costs about €7.00 per person.
Selection of Day Trips from Malaga to the Caminito del ReyYou also have the option of taking a guided tour of the Caminito del Rey from Malaga which has several advantages over going on your own.
- First, a guided tour saves you the hassle of planning your own itinerary, as the tour operator will take care of all the logistics, including transportation, tickets, and reservations. This means you're free to enjoy the experience without worrying about the details.
- Secondly, a guided tour will give you an insight into the history, culture and natural features of the Caminito del Rey. Your guide will be able to answer all of your questions and provide you with valuable information about the trail and the surrounding landscape.
- Take a look at our list of the Best Guided Tours of the Caminito del Rey and see if any appeal to you...
Caminito del Rey ➜ Distance From Granada
** Caminito del Rey ➜ How to Arrive from Granada
The Caminito del Rey is located about 120 kilometers (75 miles) southwest of the city of Granada. The distance between the two can be covered in about 1.5 - 2 hours by car or bus.
While the distance between Granada and the Caminito del Rey is relatively longer than coming from Malaga, there are several options that make it easy to get to the trail.
Driving between the Caminito del Rey and Granada is a real treat, passing through rolling hills, deep valleys, and charming villages such as Valle de Abdalajis and Villanueva de la Concepción before reaching the bustling city of Antequera. From there, the road takes you through stunning scenery, with occasional glimpses of the imposing snow-capped Sierra Nevada mountain range in the distance.
How to Arrive by Car From GranadaIf you're driving from Granada to the Caminito del Rey, the distance is approximately 120 kilometers via the A-92 and A-357 roads. The journey takes about 1.5 - 2 hours.
Driving Directions from Granada to the Caminito del Rey (1 hr 37 min (138 km) via A-92):
How to Arrive by Bus From GranadaThe bus station in Granada is located on Avenida de Juan Pablo II, with great facilities and services for passengers such as cafes, shops, and restrooms.
In order to reach the Caminito del Rey by bus from Granada you have to first take a bus to Malaga. From there, transfer to another bus or shuttle to Álora (Caminito del Rey). The journey takes about 2 - 3 hours and costs around €10.00 - €20.00 per person.
How to Arrive by Train From Granada
** Caminito del Rey ➜ How to Arrive by Train
The Granada train station is a large, modern facility with a spacious main hall, numerous ticket counters, cafes, and shops. To reach the Caminito del Rey by train from Granada you have to connect through Antequera-Santa Ana and then on to ➜ El Chorro. The journey takes about 2 - 3 hours and costs around €20.00 per person.
Caminito del Rey ➜ Distance From Seville
Driving between the Caminito del Rey and Seville, you will be rewarded with more beautiful scenery... vast stretches of golden fields dotted with olive groves and almond trees. The road also passes through several picturesque villages, giving you a glimpse of the traditional Andalucian way of life.
The Caminito del Rey is located just 170 kilometers (105 miles) southwest of the city of Seville. The journey takes approximately 2 - 2.5 hours by car or bus.
The distance between Seville and the Caminito del Rey is much longer than Malaga or Granada, but people do it every day and the journey is well worth it for the unforgettable walking experience that awaits you.
** Caminito del Rey ➜ How to Arrive from Seville by Train
How to Arrive by Car From SevilleIf you're driving from Seville to the Caminito del Rey, the distance is approximately 170 kilometers via the A-92 and A-357 roads. The trip will take about 2 - 2.5 hours.
Driving Directions from Seville to the Caminito del Rey (1 hr 52 min (144 km) via A-92):
How to Arrive by Bus From SevilleSeville's bus station, known as the Plaza de Armas, is located in the centre of the city, close to Seville's main attractions, shopping and wonderful hotels.
To reach the Caminito del Rey, you can take a bus from Seville to Malaga, and then transfer to another bus to Álora. The journey takes about 3-4 hours and costs around €20.00 - €30.00 per person. If you decide to stay overnight, take a look at this article:
Best Hotels and Where to Stay Near the Caminito del Rey.
How to Arrive by Train From SevilleTaking the train from Seville to the Caminito del Rey can be a daunting journey due to the length of the train ride.
Seville's train station, Santa Justa, is a spacious and modern facility with excellent connections to all major cities in Spain.
To take a train to the Caminito from Seville to Malaga, take the direct train from Santa Justa to El Chorro. The journey takes about 4 hours and costs about €20.00 per person.
How to Arrive ➜ Caminito del Rey From Álora
Álora is one of the closest towns to the Caminito del Rey and access is relatively easy:
- By Car: The easiest and most comfortable way to get to the Caminito del Rey from Álora is by car. The journey takes about 20-25 minutes, and the road is well signposted. You can either rent a car or take a taxi from Álora.
- By Bus: There are several buses a day that run between Álora and the Caminito del Rey. The journey takes around 30-40 minutes, and the bus stops at both the north and south entrances to the trail. You can check the bus schedule and purchase tickets online or at the bus station in Álora.
- By Train: You can also take the train from Álora to El Chorro, which is the nearest train station to the Caminito del Rey. From there, you can take a shuttle bus or walk to the northern entrance of the trail. The train journey takes about 20-25 minutes, and trains run regularly throughout the day.
How to Arrive ➜ Caminito del Rey From El Chorro
** Caminito del Rey ➜ How to Arrive from El Chorro
Getting from El Chorro to the Caminito del Rey takes just a few minutes, as the trail is only a short distance away:
- By Foot: The easiest and most popular way to get to the Caminito del Rey from El Chorro is on foot. The northern entrance to the trail is just a 20-30 minute walk from the El Chorro train station. There are clear signs pointing you in the right direction, and the walk offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- By Shuttle Bus: There is a shuttle bus service that runs between the El Chorro train station and the north entrance of the Caminito del Rey. The bus runs every 30 minutes, and the journey takes around 10 minutes. You can purchase tickets at the train station or directly from the bus driver.
- By Taxi: You can also take a taxi from the El Chorro train station to the northern entrance of the Caminito del Rey. Taxis are readily available outside the station, and the journey takes around 10 minutes. This option can be more expensive than the others.
How to Arrive ➜ Caminito del Rey From Ardales
Getting from Ardales to the Caminito del Rey is relatively easy, as the trail is located just a short distance away:
- By Car: Again, the easiest way to get to the Caminito del Rey from Ardales is by car. The journey takes around 10-15 minutes, and the road is well signposted. You can either rent a car or take a taxi.
- By Bus: There is also a bus that runs between Ardales and the Caminito del Rey. The journey takes around 15-20 minutes, and the bus stops at both the north and south entrances of the trail. You can check the bus schedule and purchase tickets online or at the Ardales bus station.
- By Foot: You can also walk from Ardales to the Caminito del Rey. The walk takes around 45-60 minutes and follows a scenic route through the countryside. But if you are getting ready to hike the Caminito del Rey, you probably don't want to add much more time to your hike.
- By Bicycle: You can also rent a bicycle in Ardales and cycle to the Caminito del Rey. The journey takes around 20-30 minutes and offers stunning views of the surrounding Ardales lakes. The route is hilly and can be a bit challenging.
Parking near the entrance to the Caminito de Rey (Ardales)There is a designated parking area near the northern entrance to the Caminito del Rey in Ardales. The parking lot is located just a short walk from the entrance, and it can accommodate up to 500 cars. The parking lot is open from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm during the winter months and from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm during the summer months.
The fee for parking is €2.00 for the day.
⭐ Parking is limited during the peak season. It is recommended to arrive early to secure a parking spot, especially on weekends and holidays. It is also important to not park on the side of the road or in unauthorized areas, as this can result in a fine or your car being towed.
Parking near the El Chorro exit (Álora)There is another designated parking area near the southern entrance to the Caminito del Rey in El Chorro. The parking lot is located at the train station and is a short distance from the trailhead. If you park in El Chorro, you will have to take a shuttle bus to the trailhead. The shuttle bus runs every 30 minutes and takes about 20-25 minutes to reach the northern entrance. Parking is €2.00 per day, and shuttle bus tickets are €2.50 per person.
Caminito del Rey Visitors' CenterThe Caminito del Rey Visitors' Center is a modern facility located at the northern entrance to the Caminito del Rey (Puerto de las Atalayas). It provides visitors with all the necessary information and facilities to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
It is open from 8:00 until 15:00. Contact: +34 951 55 00 99