Caminito del Rey Prices
** Find Caminito del Rey Prices and How to Buy Tickets!
Below you will find information about the Caminito del Rey prices...but first...
What is the Caminito del Rey?The Caminito del Rey is a famous trail in the province of Málaga. It's famous for its narrow paths, hanging bridge and stunning views over the Guadalhorce River. The trail was originally built at the beginning of the 20th century to provide access to a hydroelectric power station and was named after King Alfonso XIII.
Over time, the trail fell into disrepair and became known as one of the most dangerous hikes in the world. In 2015, after a major restoration, the trail was reopened to the public and has become the MOST popular attraction in Andalucia for adventure seekers and nature lovers alike...
We also have more detailed information on:
- How to Buy Tickets If the Caminito del Rey is Sold Out
- Opening Hours / Best Times to Visit
- How to Arrive to the Caminito del Rey
- Where to Stay & the BEST Caminito del Rey Hotels
- Everything You Need to Know About the Caminito del Rey - Ultimate Guide 2023
- Ultimate Malaga History & Tapas - All Included Full Experience
- Taste of Malaga Tour : Tapas, History and Local Customs
- Best of Málaga City Tour
- Sailing and Dolphin Watching in Marbella
- Skip the Line: Museo Picasso Malaga Entrance Ticket
- The Best of Malaga in 2 Hours on a Segway
- Arabian Baths Experience at Malaga’s Hammam Al Andalus
- Day Trip: Granada Alhambra Tour from Malaga
El Caminito del Rey Prices
|General Ticket Price
Complete the trail on your own. ** Limit is 10 tickets.
|Official Guided Visit Price
Group visit (30 people max). Accompanied by a certified guide.
|Childrens (8+) Price
Kids younger than 8 will not be admitted to the Caminito del Rey.
** Kids 8 years or older must bring a photo ID or Family Book to verify age.
Caminito del Rey Prices ➜ Can I Buy Tickets There?There is a ticket office at the Caminito del Rey and it is possible to buy tickets there, BUT there is a 95% chance that the tickets will be sold out. Also, the walk from the parking areas to the ticket office is at least 25 minutes.
There are always long lines and tickets are sold with a specific time of entry (to avoid overcrowding). So if you can buy a ticket there and your entry time is not for a few hours... you will have to wait or come back.
Expect tickets to be sold out during the high season (May - Oct). However, during the winter season you may be able to buy tickets if you arrive around 9.30am.
⭐ We recommend buying tickets online in advance if possible.
** Caminito del Rey Prices - Trip of a Lifetime!
General Ticket ➜ What's Included in the Price?The Caminito del Rey Price for a 'General Ticket' includes THREE things:
- Access to the Caminito del Rey: The ticket gives access to the trail and the various footpaths and boardwalks that make up the Caminito del Rey.
- Safety Equipment: The ticket includes the use of a safety helmet, which is compulsory for all visitors. The helmet is provided at the entrance to the trail and must be returned at the end of the walk.
- Civil Liability Insurance: Each visitor will be provided with civil liability insurance to cover any accidents that may occur on the trail (provided that they are not caused by failure to comply with the rules and regulations in force or are not solely the fault of the visitor).
Official Guided Visit ➜ What's Included in the Price?The Caminito del Rey Price for an 'Official Guided Visit' includes all of the above plus the following TWO items:
- Official Guide: This ticket includes a professional guide who will lead you along the trail and provide information on the history, geology, flora and fauna of the area... and to ensure your safety throughout the walk.
- Small Group Tour: The Official Guided Tour is conducted in small groups (max. 30 people) for a more personalised experience.
Caminito del Rey Prices for KidsThe Caminito del Rey price for kids (age 8+) is the same as the adult price, 10.00€.
⭐ Please Remember:
- Access with children under 8 years of age is prohibited.
- Kids 8 years or older must bring a photo ID or Family Book to verify their age.
- If you fail to show a photo ID, the child will be turned away and tickets will not be refunded.
Caminito del Rey Prices ➜ Un-Official Guided VisitIf the Caminito del Rey is SOLD OUT on your preferred days, there is another option.
Many local tour operators buy tickets in bulk and offer guided tours from many nearby cities (such as Malaga, Granada, Seville and even the small towns along the Costa del Sol). Here is a list of the BEST available guided tours to the Caminito del Rey.
These tickets are usually a little more expensive than the official price of €10.00 per person. BUT when you consider that most of the guided tours include lunch or breakfast, a professional guide (who speaks several languages), transport to and from the site and the entrance ticket... the difference in price is not huge.
In general, the Caminito del Rey prices for unofficial guided tours are:
- From Malaga: 65.00€ - 79.00€
- From the Costa del Sol Villages: 59.00€
- From Seville: 95.00€
- Private Guided Tours: These are the most expensive and range from 150.00€ - 250.00€ (depending on your departure city).
Unofficial Guided Tour ➜ What's Included?Not all Caminito del Rey guided tours are the same, but most include the following: Make sure you check the details before you book.
- Transportation: The tour includes transportation to and from the Caminito del Rey from your hotel or a designated meeting point in the city.
- Professional Guide: The tour includes a knowledgeable and experienced guide who will lead the group along the trail, provide information on the history and geology of the area, and ensure the safety of the group.
- Entrance Tickets: The tour includes tickets for the Caminito del Rey and the use of a helmet.
- Small-Group Tour: The tour is usually carried out in small groups, which allows for a more personalised experience.
- Snacks and/or Lunch: Some tours may include a snack or lunch, depending on the length of the tour.
- Optional extras: Some tours may include optional extras such as a visit to nearby attractions, nearby towns (Álora or Ardales), photo stops or additional activities such as kayaking or hiking.
** Path Through the Forest
Caminito del Rey Prices ➜ ParkingIf you are lucky enough to be travelling during the low season, you may be able to find free parking along the road. Otherwise, the current price for parking is €2.00 per day. There are three car parks close to the Caminito del Rey:
- North Access Parking (El Kiosko Parking): This parking area is close to the start of the trail and is the most popular. When you have finished, the shuttle bus will bring you back here.
- Caminito del Rey Visitors Center Parking: This parking area is also near the start of the trail but it's a little further than the North Access Parking lot.
- South Access Parking: This parking area is located at the end of the trail. This is convenient if you want to get in your car and leave after the hike, but you will have to walk from here to the start of the walk first.
Caminito del Rey Prices ➜ Shuttle BusThe current price for the shuttle bus to take you back to the start of the hike is 2.50€ euros per person. The journey takes about 20-25 minutes.
If you're feeling brave you can also walk back to the starting point, instead of taking the shuttle bus. The walk back takes approximately 1.5-2 hours and follows a scenic route through the countryside.
Caminito del Rey Prices ➜ Total PriceWe have put together an estimate of how much a day trip to the Caminito del Rey will cost you. This is based on current prices and is of course only an estimate.
⭐ The Caminito del Rey prices do not include transportation (to and from the Caminito del Rey), parking, the shuttle, or lunch... so you will need to arrange these yourself.
|Ticket||General Ticket||Guided Visit||Un-Official Guided Visit|
|Total||43.50€||51.50€||59.00€ - 79.00€ *
Parking: One car for the day
Shuttle: One shuttle bus ticket
Gas: Assuming an average fuel consumption of 7 liters per 100 kilometers, which is typical for a small car, a two-hour drive (1-hour each way) covering a distance of approximately 200 kilometers could cost around 19 euros in gasoline.
Lunch: lunch for one person at an average / low priced restaurant
* Unofficial guided tour prices vary depending on the city you are coming from. Also not all tours include lunch, check tour details.
⭐ This is just an estimate, the actual cost will vary depending on various factors. Additionally, if you are renting a car, you may also need to consider the rental fee, insurance costs, and any additional fees charged by the rental company.
Caminito del Rey Prices ➜ Where to Buy TicketsThere are a few places you can buy tickets online.
- You can buy tickets directly from the "official Caminito del Rey" website here: https://www.caminitodelrey.info/
Remember: NO CHANGES OR REFUNDS ARE ALLOWED! The official Caminito del Rey website does not accept exchanges or refunds on tickets sold through their online platform EXCEPT for cancellations due to weather conditions.
- You can also buy tickets from our list of the
'Best Guided Tours to the Caminito del Rey'
most of which offer FREE cancellation if necessary.
- These platforms also have guided tours available: (if tickets are sold out, guided tours are the only option available)
** Caminito del Rey Prices ➜ Boardwalk
Caminito del Rey Prices - Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any additional fees or taxes included in the Caminito del Rey Prices?No, there are no additional fees or taxes included in the Caminito del Rey price. The price you pay at the time of purchase is the full price for admission.
Can I get a refund on the Caminito del Rey Price if I am unable to visit on the day of the ticket?No, it is not possible to get a refund for your Caminito del Rey ticket if you are unable to visit on the date you purchased tickets for. However, if there is rain or bad weather you will be contacted by the Caminito del Rey staff, and they will allow you to change your date or get a refund.
Are there any discounts available on Caminito del Rey prices?Unfortunately, no. At this time there are no discounts on the Caminito del Rey prices.
Is the Caminito del Rey price different if I pay online in advance?No, the Caminito del Rey price is the same whether you pay online in advance or on-site.
Is the Caminito del Rey price for parking different if I pay online in advance?No, the Caminito del Rey price for parking is the same whether you pay online in advance or on-site. However, parking spots are limited and can fill up quickly during peak season. If you can book a parking spot online, we recommend you doing so.
Is the Caminito del Rey price different for residents of the area?No, the Caminito del Rey price is the same regardless of where you are from.
Save money on your next trip with our favorite travel websites!
|Find the Cheapest Hotels:|
|The Largest Selection of Villas & Apartments:|
|Cheapest, Most Reliable Car Rentals:|
|Best Bus & Train Fares:|
|Huge Selection of the BEST Tours & Activities|
|Discount Tickets to Museums & Attractions|
See our Full List of Travel Deals & Site Recommendations Here.